Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Storming the Field

As mentioned before, college football has watched its number one seeded team fall three weeks in a row. I noticed that in these games, like the Missouri game pictured above, the fans decided to "storm the field" when the game ended. I appreciate the enthusiasm from the fans, I really do, but when is it just too much? When is the storming of the field warranted? One of my favorite articles ever was written by Pat Forde on this same subject a couple of years ago but about college basketball. I personally find it hilarious, and he makes some incredible points. I think the same principles apply to college football. Check it out and post your comments, I promise it's worth your time!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2306416

1 comment:

  1. Great article! I think the phrase, "Act you have won", is important here. There are exceptions when your team deserves a storming onto the field, but as mentioned in the article, they are not that frequent.

    ReplyDelete