Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2010 World Series


Many people have raised the question, "Is this series good for baseball?" My stance is that I think it is great for baseball. Having two teams in the world series that have never won makes for a great series. Just to be able to get some fresh blood in there is great.
Now what a pitching duel to begin this series also. Cliff Lee is 7-0 in the playoffs and has 1.26 ERA. I don't know if there is more I can say about that. I mean his mechanics are impeccable. He doesn't walk batters. He is an absolute machine. And then we have a 2-time Cy Young winner in Tim Lincecum. Who had a shut out in his first post season game against the Braves and also led the league in strikeouts(231).
Also, I think that this series will be fun to watch because there will be some characters out there. From Lincecum and his hair, to Wilson and that beard, and also CJ Wilson who just looks kind of crazy to me.
Now for my pick I think the Rangers will take it in six. Pitching beats hitting. But I do think the giants will put up a good fight.

1 comment:

  1. Josh Hamilton = great story
    Tim Lincecum deserves this shot, hes unreal and the Giants have sucked since hes been there.
    Cliff Lee = unbelievable

    Its going to be a fun series.

    ReplyDelete