Saturday, August 29, 2009

College Football Preview

You know as John and I were up to 1:00 in the morning talking about the upcoming season a couple things came to mind.  Well first of all he asked me who I thought was the best team in the country this year and it was hard for me not to lean towards Florida.  Now lets be clear on this blog, I am a USC fan and I would love for a freshman QB to go the distance this year, but lets just say he's got quite a task at hand.  And when we look at the number of returners that Florida will be bringing back, Tebow, and also Urban Meyer running the show, we are presented with a dang good football team.  I mean common back to back championships, anyone can lose at any given time, but lets be honest with ourselves here, Florida will not be losing many football games this year.  Now lets talk about the trojans.  USC every year will have a good team, the best young prospects want to play at the winning programs, one of them being USC.  So I am not writing off the trojans, but it is a big deal that a freshman will be starting this year.  I would love for him to do well, but it will be a big transition for the young guy and it it will be interesting to see what happens in the first couple of weeks in the season.  This isn't high school anymore, I don't care who you are, not too many players just jump in and are stars.  They must learn and adjust.  If someone had to ask me, before the season started I would go florida for a third consecutive title.

1 comment:

  1. plus, usc just lost another player, this time he couldnt get a 2.0

    ReplyDelete